Do you have your new WordPress site indexed? Not yet? You should not forget that. Especially if you want Google to know about you. And I believe you definitely want to. Indexing a page tells Google where the page is located and what the content is. If the page is not indexed, ie it is not in the search engine index, it cannot be in the search results either. Google doesn’t have to find it. Search engines consist of a robot and a web interface. Web crawlers search, download, and index files. Their processing and storage in a database is called indexing. A search engine index is a database of websites that is customized to be searchable.
So to sum it up, in order to make yourself known, you should do the following two things:
- Let search engines know that your site exists
- Use XML Sitemaps to tell us what the content is on your site
These two steps are the basis. Thanks to them, you can already get some traffic. That doesn’t have to hurt. If you don’t know about yourself, you may not find them at all in your search results.
Table of Contents
Use them to let search engines know what your content is on the site.
1. Install the Google XML sitemaps module
2. Go to Settings and select XML-sitemap
3. If you see Sitemap has not been created yet, click Click here to buld it the first time .
4. An XML sitemap will be created, which will be available at www.yoursite.com/sitemap.xml
Show off Google and Bing
Now that you have a sitemap, let Google and Bing know about it.
Let’s get started with Google:
1. Create a Google Account or sign in with an existing one
2. Create a Google Webmaster Tools account or sign in to an existing one
3. Add your site via Add a site and click on show below
4. Google will verify your site.
Add an html file and a meta tag to the page header. If you are not so technically proficient, install the WordPress SEO plugin from Yoast .
If you dare, there is a more technical solution. Log in to your hosting and copy the html file from Google to your list. Then scopy meta tag to header. You can do this via the Appearance → Editor menu. Click header.php on the right. Add a meta tag anywhere< header> and< / header> .
Adding a page to Bing is similar to adding Google
1. Create a Bing account or log in to Webmaster Tools.
2. Select the Add a Site option in the menu
3. Add a page URL
Let search engines also know about your XML sitemaps. Add a sitemap to the Google Webmaster Tool. If you have a Google Account, it’s very easy. If you do not see a link on the home page, go to Crawl → Sitemaps and click on ADD / TEST SITEMAPS.
Of course, this is far from all you can do to be in the forefront of your search. Rather, these are basic rules that will serve you well in the beginning. In addition, it’s good to learn how to work with Google Analytics. It will provide you with a lot of important information about traffic to your site. Also, don’t forget to work with social networks. Today, it is absolutely necessary to have a Facebook page or Instagram account.Was this article helpful for you? Support me by sharing, please. 👍