Are you thinking about creating an e-shop but don’t know exactly how to do it yet? In that case, this article is just for you.
Creating an e-shop doesn’t have to be nuclear physics – you just need to be able to perform a few basic steps that are simply necessary when setting up an online store.
So let’s take a look at how to create an e-shop in a few simple steps.
Table of Contents
Step no. 1 – Prepare thoroughly for the e-shop
Even before you start the entire creation of an e-shop and start selling your products in bulk, you should think carefully about several things and prepare for the entire process of establishment.
The name of your online store is perhaps the first and most basic step that you need to think about.
Your domain should describe the “gro” of your store , and the name of the e-shop itself should sound clear and understandable to new potential customers.
However, in addition to brainstorming for the name of your store, you should also take into account SEO and keywords – if your e-shop could describe a popular keyword that people often enter in the Google search engine, you should definitely consider choosing it, or at least a combination of keywords with another word.
b) Security of hosting and CMS
Web hosting , or the server on which your e-shop will be physically located is another very important component that you have to think about and choose before you start creating an e-shop.
Hosting is easy to secure these days – but choosing it doesn’t have to be so easy (since there are hundreds of different hosting providers that have their pros and cons).
When choosing hosting, be sure to follow at least basic tips such as:
- High performance – you definitely don’t want your online store to go down unexpectedly from time to time. For this reason, make sure that your hosting is fast and reliable.
- HTTPS and SSL certi f icate – securing hosting within the framework of an SSL certificate not only protects your customers but also serves as a positive signal within SEO.
- Compatibility with popular CMS – if you plan to create an e-shop on one of the popular CMS (such as WordPress , Wix , Webnode or Shoptet ), make sure that the given hosting will support your CMS.
💡 Tip: If you can’t decide which web hosting would be best for you, read my article on how to choose the best hosting . It will help you find your way around popular web hosting on the market, as well as compare individual parameters between them.
Step no. 2 – Establishment of an e-shop
If you have already completed the previous two steps, you can start creating the e-shop itself.
You can create an online store on various platforms – it just depends on your preferences.
One solution to how to create an e-shop quickly and easily is to use one of the popular e-commerce platforms such as Webnode .
On the Webnode platform, setting up an e-shop literally takes only a few minutes (and for free in the case of the free version for 30 days) – the rest of the time you can devote to editing your website, adding products or securing transport, which are necessary for the e-shop.
💡 Tip: if you want to choose another platform for your e-shop, I recommend looking at my article Eshops for rent – which are the best? (list).
You can create an e-shop on Webnode as follows:
1. Go to the Webnode home page and click the “ Create a free website ” button:
2. Fill in the basic data (name of your store, email address and password) and register:
3. Choose the type of website (in this case ” Online store “):
4. Choose a šablón that would be suitable for your e-shop:
5. Fill in the contact information about your online store:
Subsequently, your new e-shop will be created, in which you can easily work, modify its appearance and design, add new products and manage payments or shipping:
💡 Tip: If you would like to learn more about what the Webnode platform can do for your new e-shop, be sure to read my article: How to set up an e-shop in Webnode?
In this article, you will learn more detailed information about setting up an e-shop , together with a clear overview of the functions you can perform in Webnode (such as editing in the editor, setting up payments and shipping, adding and managing products, etc.).
Step no. 3 – Optimize the website
If you are already starting to delve into your own e-shop and are setting up everything according to your wishes, be sure not to forget about an important aspect of online marketing – SEO optimization.
Well-optimized product pages will bring you more visitors from the Google search engine, which as a result can significantly increase sales in your e-shop.
Although SEO is a fairly broad branch of online marketing, you should definitely perform at least basic optimization such as:
- Keyword research – an overview of the words that people enter into the Google search engine when purchasing your products will help you optimize your pages appropriately
- Optimizing Title tags and Meta description – inserting relevant keywords into titles and descriptions will help you to display those words in the Google search engine.
- Improving loading speed – the speed with which your pages will be displayed will improve the user experience on your website
- Add structured data – embedding scheme.org on your pages will help you appear in the Google search engine as a ” rich snippet “, which can differentiate you from the competition.
💡 Tip: If you are a complete beginner in the field of SEO, or you just don’t have much experience with optimization for web search engines, read my comprehensive article on what SEO is and how you can get started with it .
Step no. 4 – Promote the e-shop on social media
A created and optimized e-shop is only the beginning – in order to gain loyal customers and regular visitors to your online store, you need to start communicating with them through social media and gradually build a seller-customer relationship.
Currently, social media such as Facebook, Instagram or TikTok are a great resource from which you can reach new people, show them what you have to offer, and retain customers who already know you.
In addition, these media sources are a great means by which you can promote new products, discounts or events that you could not otherwise promote.
Within Webnode, you can also insert social network icons into page headers on your websites:
Thanks to this, every visitor will immediately know on which social. channels can follow you.
💡 Tip: If you are interested in the Webnode platform and would like to learn more about it, you may also be interested in my article: Review: Is it worth using Webnode to create a website?Was this article helpful for you? Support me by sharing, please. 👍