The best tools for creating a website, with which even a beginner without programming knowledge can create it in a few minutes.
Not so long ago, everyone who wanted to have their own website had to turn to its professionals with his work. Today, there are tools available for creating a website, which even a beginner can handle. In this article, we will look at the most famous of them.
Webnode is a website creation tool that comes from the Czech Republic. The number of pages that were created with his help also speaks about his quality. At present, this number exceeds 30 million. The advantage of Webnode is its multilingualism and availability in Czech and Slovak.
Webnode offers tools for creating personal and corporate websites, blogs and simple e-shops. The created pages are fully responsive. The user interface is clear. Even beginners who have no experience with creating websites can easily find their way around it. The site editor uses practical functions such as drag & drop, adding text, images, contact form and the like.
If you want to be visible in search engines, there are also basic SEO settings where you can enter the title and description of the page and keywords.
In the basic version with space up to 1 GB, Webnode is free.
- If you want to get your own domain, you pay € 2.95 per month.
- Additional packages range in value from up to € 16.95 per month depending on your space requirements, data transfer, web language, backup and other features.
- Display ads in the free version.
- Not suitable for large e-shops with lots of orders and goods.
- Use your own domain only in a paid package.
Viac informácii sa dočítate v mojej recenzii Webnode.
Mioweb is a website creation tool suitable for both personal and business websites. You can choose from a number of pre-prepared šablón . If you want to design a page all by yourself, Mioweb allows you to start with a completely blank page.
New web subpages, images, galleries, videos, forms, buttons, and more can be added in the authoring editor. There is also a tool for SEO site optimization.
You can only try the free version for 14 days. You will then need to switch to one of the paid packages.
- The Start package costs CZK 970 per month.
- Business package CZK 1,470 per month.
- It does not offer the possibility of free use.
- The e-shop can only be created with the Business package.
- It is not possible to insert custom elements.
Viac informácii sa dočítate v mojej recenzii Mioweb.
WebSupport Custom Website is a tool for creating a site without programming knowledge. The pages are created and edited in a clear block editor, in which even a beginner can find his way around without difficulty. This website creation tool also offers the possibility of creating a clear e-shop.
There are three service packages available. The basic package is suitable for personal websites and blogs. Other packages are intended for entrepreneurs and e-shops. The more expensive of these also includes an easy SEO SEO tool.
The main disadvantage of this tool is the smaller number of pre-prepared šablón compared to other web design tools.
Viac sa dočítate v recenzii Vlastná webstránka od WebSupport.
Wix is a professional website design tool for beginners and advanced. Wix Editor meets all the requirements of a modern block editor. You can use the drag and drop function to customize the page by moving individual elements. All without programming knowledge.
With Wix, more advanced creators will create their own forms, design features, and many other features to enhance functionality.
If you do not have enough server space, which you will receive from Wix for free, you can switch to one of the premium plans. You can get the cheapest one – Connect Domain , for the price of € 4.50 per month.
Despite all the above options, this tool also has disadvantages:
- The need to edit the created page for mobile devices.
- In the free version, you may also be bothered by the ads displayed.
Táto recenzia Wix vám pomôže rozhodnúť sa, či je to pre vás vhodný nástroj.
WEDOS WebSite is an editor for creating web pages. Its advantages include easy creation of professional pages, 450+ šablón and blocks, price lists, forms, etc. Finished website in a few clicks.
Weebly is an online website creation tool for beginners and advanced users alike. The pages are edited in a clear user interface. Individual elements can be edited and moved using the drag & drop function. The advantage is the full responsiveness of all šablón . The display of individual pages will be adapted to mobile devices without the need for your intervention.
Weebly is also suitable for those users who want to make changes to the HTML code of the site. You can also upload your own šablóny .
The free version will please everyone who wants to have a website for free. Although you have to anticipate the display of the ad on your site, it is located at the bottom of the page, which will not greatly affect the final design of the page.
The paid version is used mainly by entrepreneurs. Weebly offers everything you need for the smooth operation of the e-shop and a large corporate website with a number of subpages. In addition to the paid Pro and Business packages, you will receive a voucher for a $ 100 Google ad.
- The downside may be less ability to customize the design of the site. It is not always possible to place individual elements exactly where you would like them.
- Weebly is also not a suitable tool for those who do not know English.
- Higher price tariffs for e-shops.
Squarespace is mainly used by small businesses, photographers, bloggers, artists, musicians, students and restaurants to create websites. It is also suitable for creating a wedding website. This is due to the modern and airy design of the individual šablón and also the rich offer of šablón with this focus. Individual šablóny can be further modified without programming knowledge using a number of tools.
The advantage is the ability to edit pages from mobile devices. For this purpose, you can download an application for both iOS and Android on the Squarespace website. SEO tools for web optimization are also available.
- The cheapest package suitable for personal sites will cost you € 11 per month. However, you can try it for free for 14 days.
- If you are looking for a package suitable for entrepreneurs, you will have to reach into your pocket a little deeper. Prices for the Business, Basic Commerce and Advanced Commerce packages start at € 17 per month and end at € 36 per month.
- It does not offer the possibility of free use.
- It is one of the more expensive tools.
- Lower page load speed.
- Fewer pre-prepared šablón .
Jimdo is also a well-known online website creation tool. With this tool you can create a personal or corporate website or e-shop without programming knowledge.
Jimdo’s advantage is simplicity and clarity. It also offers automatic SEO and available statistics for tracking website traffic. In the list of pre-prepared šablón you will find suitable designs for each industry. If you create an e-shop with Jimdo, you will appreciate the possibility of choosing several payment methods, creating product variants and a clear layout of goods. With Jimdo you can even create your own logo.
Pages are edited using drag and drop. Several functions are available for editing individual elements. The great advantage of Jimbo is that it allows you to create and edit websites even from mobile devices.
- When ordering paid packages , you may not be pleased with the price for a package suitable for personal websites – you can buy it from € 9 per month.
- For e-shops, options from 15 € per month are available.
- The VIP package for entrepreneurs costs € 39 per month.
- Less ability to customize šablón design.
- Smaller selection of pre-prepared šablón .
- Absence of import and export of products for e-shops.
- Limited options in the free version.
Duda is a website creation tool suitable for various types of business. A responsive design is a matter of course, thanks to which the created pages look good on all devices.
Duda offers fast site creation. Many tools are available. For example, the drug & drop function, the ability to edit the page from mobile devices, tracking statistics, the ability to interfere with HTML code, many fonts and styles, embedding videos and background images, the ability to display special actions for e-shops and the ability to import page content.
- You pay € 14 per month for the basic Duda package .
- You will pay € 74 per month for the most expensive package with the possibility of creating up to 8 websites.
- The biggest disadvantage of this tool is its higher price without the possibility of using the free version.
Strikingly is a tool designed for users without programming skills. It specializes in one-page sites and smaller sites for small businesses, e-shops, portfolios or event sites. An e-shop of up to 300 products and a blog can also be added to the home page.
When creating the site, you will appreciate the modern design, which also works very nicely on mobile devices. The advantage for the business is also the possibility of adding buttons for calling or sending e-mail. Of course, there is a link to social networks, the insertion of a contact form, traffic analysis and many other practical functions for entrepreneurs.
In the basic version , you can use Strikingly for free. In the paid version, you can use two plans:
- PRO for 20 € per month – suitable for e-shops with up to 300 products.
- LIMITED for 12 € per month for smaller e-shops up to 5 products with the possibility of creating their variations.
- In the free version, it is only possible to create a one-page website. It is not possible to add your own code.
- The full potential of this tool can only be used in the most expensive package.
Webflow is a web development tool for developers, freelancers and businesses. It is therefore not very suitable for beginners. However, the advantage is the ability to edit pages and add content exactly to your liking. It also allows the use of navigation, sliders, multi-level menus, forms and other frequently used elements.
Webflow also emphasizes responsiveness. You can also add your own fonts in Webflow. In addition, the generated codes can be exported.
- You can use the webflow for free for an unlimited period of time. The limitation for the free version is only the possibility of using this tool for max. 2 sites.
- You pay $ 16 to create Lite for 10 sites.
- The Pro Unlimited Use Package costs $ 35.
- Complex interface.
- Limited šablón options.
Gator is an online web authoring tool from HostGator. It is mainly used by small businesses, personal websites and blogs. It is also possible to create an e-shop in the premium e-Commerce version.
When creating the site, users have at their disposal more than 200 pre-prepared šablón with a professional design. Individual šablóny can be freely edited. You will quickly find your way around the clear administration menu.
Like many other tools for beginners without programming skills, it uses drag & drop when building a site. With this feature, you can place individual elements on the page wherever you want. It also offers the possibility of connecting to social networks.
The advantage of this builder is lower prices:
- You get the basic package for a fee of $ 2.69 per month.
- The e-Commerce package is available at $ 6.46 per month.
- Limited e-shop options and functionality.
- Absence of some practical features for blogs.
- Limited range of widgets.
WebStarts is a tool that offers a rich variety of elements for editing a website. When creating a website, you can start with a blank page or choose from a number of pre-prepared šablón . At first glance, WebStarts differs from other tools by its šablón design, which tends to be more traditional.
With WebStarts you will create a fully functional website, business and blog. The big advantage is the free version, which allows you to create an e-shop with ten products. When working with this tool, you will also appreciate the high-quality SEO functions and a simple editor for editing websites.
As I mentioned, WebStarts offers a fairly generous free package. You can purchase paid packages for $ 7.16 or $ 19.99.
- Less modern šablón design and user interface.
- You will only use audio, video, presentations and photo galleries in paid packages.
One.com offers website creation, hosting and email tools in one price package. With this tool it is possible to create websites with different focus and e-shop. You can choose from a number of responsive šablón in a modern design that can be further modified.
Beginners can also use the One.com editor. The clear menu offers many functions for editing the page, inserting widgets and the like. This tool can also be combined with WordPress when creating a website.
One.com prices are very friendly:
- You only pay € 1.99 per month for the basic package.
- The most expensive GURU package costs € 8.99 per month. For this price, you get 750 GB of space, 1,000 email accounts, premium WordPress tools, marketing add-ons and many other benefits.
- Limits the number of subpages of a single site.
- Need special blog management.
- Some widgets are missing. For example, embedding Google maps.